Punk Blog

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember To Check This Place On A Regular Basis! You Never Know What's Going To Pop Up!

5 posters

My Turn... without consent

justbobbi
    justbobbi

My Turn... without consent Empty My Turn... without consent

Post  justbobbi Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 am

Waiting for Punk to assign me an opportunity to write my guest blog may take forever... I don't think he is talking to me right now.
    My topic that I have chosen is CM Punk and the ideals of StraightEdge.
    Phil seems to be able to take whatever we can dish out here.. or just not respond to it.. So here goes:

Sober and drug free is how I chose to live my life, it may sound boring to those who automatically assume that it is the way of many people who are CM Punk fans are.
    With the skit that he is putting on I feel almost offended by it because rather then just living and being proud about being clean and sober, and at one point celibate. He is making a mockery of it.. The whole Jesus bit.. it is bothersome. because those of us OR ME who have refrained from substance dependencies , isn't some nut ball who has to shave heads to promote a Straight Edge lifestyle.
    Let me explain my justification...
    I tried weed when I was 16, like many teens. It was not my cup of tea.
    I had a teenage sweetheart from the time I was 14 until I was 22, The one thing that we had in common was that neither of us were at a point in our life where we wanted to introduce sex into it to complicate things. We were both adults by the time we got around to it, towards the end of our relationship he got into heavier drugs. At 22 I got tired of it all, and while he was in prison for armed robbery I had to tell him that I was pregnant. He responded with "choose". So I did, Michael is 15, and not a bad kid. 8 years and he made me choose, or gave me a way out..who knows? I have seen him twice in the last 16 years...Never was there ever going to be drugs in my life. As a mother as a woman as a human being.. anything that robs a person of making responsible decisions.
    My daughter was fathered by a man who represented one thing in my life.. a big cock. I never loved him, I appreciate him for his appendage but I will never love him, He would only be a daddy to my children on the grounds that I still slept with him. It has been 11 years since I have seen his dick. and it has been 8 years since he has seen my children.
    The man I am with now, I have been with for 9 years and I hate him 95% of the time, he drinks from Friday at 7pm late into Saturday Night. I used to drink when we went out on dates and danced alot.. but he stopped dancing with me 7 years ago. I stopped drinking because I felt that either he would die or I would. he justs throw temper tantrums. I haven't drank for 7 years and 10 months. There is a chance that if I were drunk and he had his fits that I may lose my control and relax too much and express my anger. As long as I am sober I will bite my tongue until he is sober. He sometimes gets mad at me for tearing a strip off of him while he is hungover. Apparently it is insensitive for me to be so thoughtless, I hate him.. and he knows it.. We have too much together and I signed a fucking prenup agreement.

On the flip side my children have never seen me drink, my children have never seen me do drugs or under the influence of any controlling substance. and will never. I HATE THEM

My kids HAVE seen any and every member of our family intoxicated. They had witnessed my sister get the shit kicked out of her by her boyfriend. They are not as sheltered as they could be... Here is CM Punk who is Straight Edge healthy man drug free, in the public eye. The perfect person to go up against Jeff Hardy upon his departure, for reasons KNOWN and instead of being made a positive role model.. he is titled Jerk of the Year and turns into a psychopathic Jesus like figure. shaving his disciples for what purpose??? The image that he is portraying isn't sane. This does not promote a Straight Edge Lifestle.
    Straightedge4life
    Straightedge4life

My Turn... without consent Empty Re: My Turn... without consent

Post  Straightedge4life Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 am

I live my life straight edge too and i'm proud of it!

As for Punk's storyline that he is the savior for the straight edge lifestyle ~ that's getting a little crazy. I can see shaving the head of a man but not a woman.
    In Phil's defense, he doesn't write the script so he can't control just how far Punk can take it.

As for the Jesus beard ~ I don't like it either but Phil is so damn hot that I can live with it! Razz
    toniann629
    toniann629

Post  toniann629 Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:49 am

Wow Bobbi! That was a great Blog. I am sorry to read about the loser men that have seemed to plague your life. I am not sorry however to read how you have used these life lessons to grow and be the very strong mother/ woman you are today.

I grew up Straightedge and never touched alcohol until I was about 27 years old. I have never done drugs and never will. I do drink socially now, but an occasional glass of wine or cold beer and that is all. I am very much a responsible adult. My son has never been around an alcoholic, nor have I.

The whole Straightedge crusade that is the currect storyline is alittle goofy if you ask me. I have just recently became a "fan" of wrestling. I have always watched it with my son, but never really paid attention. Mr. Brooks now has my attention as I am sure he does of millions of viewers. I know he does not write the storyline, but I have to say it is wasting what seems like an enternity of the show... Like Danielle, I don't mind cuz' it means I get to watch him on the screen longer! As far as the whole Jesus thing... ehh, but hey I'm still watching, right? Nice job on the blog. I enjoyed raeding your story.
    straightedgegangster
    straightedgegangster
    Admin

Post  straightedgegangster Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:00 pm

i think the angle i great,a more mature Punk (i started watching him on the Indy circuit) and getting the straight edge mantra is great. it makes for an awesome heel role because it touches on real life situations and emotions. i smoked hella pot when i was younger and from 21-23 i wasa big club rat and drank all the time. the beard is cool because it adds to the character-you look at him and even if you arent familiar with wrestling, little things like a scruffy beard help you understand the character. id rather see this angle being played out with his as world champion because it should be done-wwe should take advantage of this to take away from the stigma pro wrestling or "entertainment" has right now.
    Martin1
    Martin1
    Admin

Post  Martin1 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 am

Bobbi, that was a good blog. Sorry you had to endure those trials and tribulations...but like the saying goes...what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger! You are strong in your convictions and that is a good thing.
    Having had a disastrous former marriage to an alcoholic and illegal narcotics abuser in the past has made me stronger as well. Hell, it took me three years to obtain the house my current wife and I have now...thanks to me having to file for Bankruptcy because of $355,000 debt incurred while I was overseas fighting. Ahh..good times! Especially the Homecoming...good times!!!
    I am not Straightedge. I have a few Miller Lite barley pops once in awhile. I respect those of you who are! I, myself, have questioned the logic in WWE creative as of late concerning the idea to make Straightedge look like something Branch Davidians of Waco would lick their chops to emulate?
    Pro wrestling changes all the time, so eventually, this storyline will conclude as well. Just remember that Phil is playing a character right now. He is a heel and doing a fantastic job of garnering hatred! That is his reward...it shows how effective his performance is! Phil knows what he is doing. Trust Phil.
    Straightedge4life
    Straightedge4life

Post  Straightedge4life Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 am

You are absolutely right Martin!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 am